Monday, February 2, 2015

Thought on an abducted daughter's birthday....


February 2nd is my baby girl Allie's birthday. She disappeared into Utah along with her sister and two brothers ten days after her 8th birthday, 19 years ago, in an abduction/shunning organized and carried out by Mormons in three states. 

She is living somewhere in the LDS empire, still in the grip of the congregations that took her so long ago. 

She drew the "You will shine for ME! Every day!" picture for me and my mom a few months before she vanished. Her drawing kept me alive more times than I can count over the years. When hope of seeing her and her siblings ever again faded, I promised her drawing that I would shine for her, every day, never giving up. 

Now, within the next few weeks, the Oregon legislature will take up the issue of child abduction again, and I will see that these images are entered into the public record. For you, baby girl, wherever you are, know that your daddy never stopped loving you....







No comments: